Pages

Thursday, October 1, 2009

Farm Girls Sunbonnet Sue and Hannah with Pumpkin

This is the Sue pattern with the markings for applique. The shoes are numbers 1,2,3,and 4... and go down first..then follow the numbers to set each piece in place. I mark the center of my pattern,the center of the background piece..and begin laying out and arranging my pattern pieces...then appliquing them down. This is the manner that works best for me..if you have another way that works for you..please,leave a comment and share with us. I would love to hear from you.

This is our October BOM.
If you remember, I was to make the block, post it and then post the pattern. Well, as you can see..that's not how it's happened.
I wasn't counting on being ill, in hospital for 9 days and then the usual things that always come up. *sighs deeply here. I did get the block partially finished..with only one little one, however it just doesn't look right. I need to step back, take a deep breath..and begin again.
So,with no further ado, and no more excuses.... I offer you the October block. The little ones fit on a 12" block.....
Aren't they cute..peering into the pumpkin. Is is a Halloween Trick or Treat pumpkin ???, is it a regular pumpkin that's been hollowed out and carved to hold a candle????? Our girls, Sunbonnet Sue and her dearest friend Hannah seem awfully interested. I wonder..will the girls go trick or treating???? Will they have a Halloween party with all their little friends ????
And..I wonder..how will you make the block? I would love to see your block if you join in. Now, I am off and away to begin mine again. I'm looking forward to having more time to do little block..and I hope I can manage it. Good luck with your blocks..I can't wait to see the finished blocks.

6 comments:

  1. Hello CC, I am so sorry to hear you were so ill and in the hospital. Blessings and prayers for a speedy recovery.

    I was gone for a week and I am just now catching up with my pink sat. visits. I appreciate your comment so much.

    I saw a wonderful sheep farm festival while in MI. Come and see if you are up to it. I think you will love it.

    I hope you had a good day. I love the sunbonnet Sue girls with the pumpkin. What an adorable quilt block it will be. I did make a block of sunbonnet Sue for a quilt I made. Every block was different. I'll share it one day.

    Wishing you well.

    Hugs...Jeanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a sunbonnet quilt, but I did not make it. You are so talented with your hands.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi CC, How cute! What talent you have to create such cute.
    I glad to hear you are better, I never rest well while in the hospital, mending is better for me to be home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi CC! Sorry to hear you were in the hospital, and hope you are feeling better now... I love this little Halloween Sumbonnet Sue quilt block!! I would love to try it too, but I am wondering if you started this series of Blocks-of-the-Month in January?.. Being this far behind, I still think this would be really cute for a pillow, or for a potholder, or even a Trick-or-Treat bag! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi CC, am glad you are better now. I love the pattern and the little pumpkin is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no! I am sorry to hear that you have been ill. I hope that you are better now. This pattern is so cute! Thanks for visiting me today!

    ReplyDelete

I do so enjoy each and every message that is left for me. They sorta make each day a "happy dance day", so please, make sure you leave a comment..Just a hi will make my day all better. :) xx