Pages

Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Individual Pot Roasts .... CrockPot Wednesday

It's time for CrockPot Wednesday...I can't wait to see what everyone is doing. Come on and join the fun..let's all go visit about and see what everyone is cooking. Many thanks to our wonderful hostess Debbie at Dining With Debbie. Come'on..meet you there. Let's see what's cookin.
This recipe is from a 1976 cookbook that I use quite a bit. Everything always tastes good
using these recipes....there is one in here for a pecan pie that's to die for.

Individual Pot Roasts

1 cup thinly sliced carrot (2 medium carrots)
1/2 cup (1 medium turnip,coarsly chopped)
1/2 cup chopped green pepper
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup sliced celery
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
One 3 lb boneless beef pot roast
1 clove garlic,halved
2 T. snipped parsley
1/4 cup all purpose flour

Place first 5 ingredients in slow electric crockery cooker. Trim excess fat from meat; cut meat into 4 to 6 portions. Rub meat with cut surface of garlic, season with 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon pepper. Place on top of veggies in cooker. Add 1/4 cup water, sprinkle with parsley. Cover and cook on low heat for 8 to 10 hours.
For gravy, remove meat and vegetables to serving dish, cover to keep warm. Measure meat juices, add water to make 1 1/2 cups of liquid.Slowly blend 1/2 cup water into flour, turn into medium saucepan along with the meat juices. Cook and stir over medium heat till thickened and bubbly, cook 1 minute more. Spoon some gravy over meat..pass the rest.

2 comments:

  1. Hello CC,
    Yumm. . .that roast sounds delicious. I just went to the doctor today, and he told me in no uncertain terms that I must start eating healthier. I live alone and my idea of a hot meal is a toasted cheese sandwich. I think I need to invest in a crockpot! Have a blessed week. Vicki

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks again for participating in Crock Pot Wednesday. I plan to try out your suggestion in the very near future. School is starting on Monday, so my time will be even more limited. This should work well for us.

    ReplyDelete

I do so enjoy each and every message that is left for me. They sorta make each day a "happy dance day", so please, make sure you leave a comment..Just a hi will make my day all better. :) xx