A complete surprise and honor came to me Thursday from a lovely blogger,Xmas Dolly.
She was awarded three sweet awards and she passed all three of them along to her friends. I am honored that she thinks of me as a blogging friend..and thought it was so sweet of her to think of me. I'll add them to my sidebar in the little slideshow. Finally figured out how to do the slideshow..but I,for some reason,can't get the captions showing who the awards were from...just can't get that to work for me. *sighs..I am not computer smart. Seems like I learn something new every day..and still I want to know more and more.
Below are the three awards...aren't they sweet. Two of them, the One Lovely Blogger,and the Humanity awards,I had already received from other sweet blogging friends..but the cute Sugar Doll is a new one... I want the ladies below to have all three awards if they don't already have them.
Also, I'm supposed to list 10 things about myself... I'm not sure I know 10 things about myself. Let's see...maybe that would 1 thing...#10..I really don't know myself
1. I'm a cancer survivor,and it's helped me to find an inner strength I never realized I had. I learned that each day is a gift,and sometimes a sunset..specially the beauty of a sunset,or a soft falling spring rain..it's like I just fill up with the wonders and beauty of our Maker..and I whisper Thank You..
2. I'm the mother of two sons..I have 4 grandchildren,1 daughter in love, and a former daughter in love that I'm still best friends with.
3. I'm a crafter,but I don't have much time now to play,but I so enjoy crocheting,a bit of knitting,embroidery,a bit of painting,applique work,trying my hand at quilting.
4. I love collecting vintage embroidered linens and pillowcases,vintage patterns..specially my favorite girl,Sunbonnet Sue and her little friends, vintage crochet, pretty handkerchiefs with embroidery,and crocheted or tatted edges, and embroidery and craft patterns.
5. I admit to being addicted to fabric.Turning me loose in a fabric store is the very best thing ever..I want a yard of everything..And all the trims and laces that match the fabric.
6. As a fabric addict,I admit to having 5 huge containers filled with beautiful fabrics.And trims to go with, and now that my husband is not well,and I work my store,there's little time to play and craft.. *sighs,but I will again soon.
7. I love my blogging time...love visiting,meeting and making new friends. There are so many wonderful people blogging..,it's just lots of fun visiting.
8. I love gardening,though I'm only good with vegetables. I can't grow flowers,they just don't do well, but give me green beans,blackeyed peas..tomatoes and onions..I gown wonderful vegetable gardens. It's reached the time though,that I'm going to need raised beds..it's really hard for me to bend over as much as a veggie garden requires. But it's one of my favorite things to do..I just love playing in the dirt and watching things grow.
I would like to pass all three of these awards on to the following.....
1. Susie of First Floor Flats...Susie is the sweetest,most generous and gracious lovely lady...Hugs from Texas sweet Susie..
2. Jeanne of Backyard Neighbor...There is no sweeter lady out there. Jeanne is so gracious and caring, she deserves 10 awards..
3. Alice of Singapore My Home... Alice and I,along with Do,have been friends for maybe 4 years. We share 2 blogs together..it's such fun to be friends with these two ladies.We can chat for hours on messenger about our families and our love of crafting..whatever crosses our minds. She is such a sweet lady..She was my mentor when we first started blogging and was such a patient teacher, never faltering with her teachings,..she's an inspiration.
4. Tina of Beansie Babbles.. Tina is so sweet, just to know her through her blog..she just makes you smile with her sweet blog. The little friend that she crocheted,Little Suri the Mouse,sits as we speak on my desk..watching to make sure I do things right.
5. Dawn of Cand G Design.. another sweetie. She loves doll making,and Raggedy Ann and Andy,the way I love Sunbonnet Sue..
6. LaVoice of Thoughts From Meme's Corner,... a sweet,gracious lovely lady with so much class and grace. It's an honor and pleasure to know her.
7. Sherry of A Happy Valentine..another sweetie. She always leaves the nicest comments..and her pretty sweet blog makes me smile when I visit.
8. Dianne of The Thrifty Groove.... Diann is such a sweet lady. She visits and leaves the sweetest comments. I love to visit her and see what she's making or doing next.
9. Barbara of The Purple Goat Lady... this lady will keep you laughing with her sweet blog. The tale of Mr. Tom T. and the loss of his lady friend.. well, it was just so sad..but Barbara made it all ok for poor Mr.Tom T... go visit and read..
You will certainly leave smiling.
10. Anne of PhamilyBlog...Anne is another new friend and just as sweet and caring as can be. Anne shows her love for everyone..and it shows how much she cares for us all..
I hope you go visit these sweet blogs and meet these ladies,if you haven't already met them. You will be happy that you visited..