Well,.....now that the holidays are over...the decorations are down, I find myself exhausted. With my work at the store, some family illness..it's taken a toll on me..However, I don't stay down for long. I know I will get rested and my schedule will get revamped..and I will get recharged.
One of the things that keeps me going..is this new love of blogging. When I first started,I was so scared to actually put words, thought out there for everyone to see......but amazingly,when I did, people responded in such a sweet way. It was a wonderful feeling..I love to share and have others share with me.
I haven't made any resolutions this year..they always seem doomed to failure anyway..but I have set some goals for myself. There is so much I want to do,so many more crafts that I want to learn. Anyway, to that effect, I've made lists for myself..and then the list got longer and longer..and I began to wonder, are there enough hours in the day?? But I think there will be.
Some of the Things I Want to Do
1. Finish my small crazy quilt..embroidery and all
2..Continue my blocks of Sunbonnet Sue
3. Start the redwork embroidery blocks of Baby Sunbonnet Sue
4. Start my log cabin quilt top in shades of pinks, cremes, and sage greens
5. Continue on with embroidering pillowcases I've already made the pattern on
6. Do my embroidered dish towels and finish them with the vintage lace
7. Do my crocheted baskets on the bath towels and add the vintage lace
8. I want to learn to do the beautiful tags that people are making
9. To finish my birdhouses and shadowboxes with tole painting
10. Take stock of all my craft supplies...organize them and re do my craft area
11. Seriously think about and check into a booth in my favorite antique shop
12. Re-organize my store so I will have a fairly large area for my selling area..a booth in my own store,so to speak
13. To go through and list all my craft supplies,so that I don't repeat buying the same thing over and over
14. Make list of the vintage books and patterns that I have....
15. Make list of all my cookbooks..those that I will part with and those that I won't
16. To get my sewing machine out..and get ready to do some serious sewing. I have vintage apron patterns that have already been used, so I won't have a problem using them.I enjoy sewing and I love aprons, so it's a win win thing.
17. To chosse some soft,soft snuggly yarn..enough to do another crocheted afghan. I so love to crochet and it's so relaxing..I need to take more time to crochet. And I also want to make some scarves..
Not on that list, but at the top if it was, is the need for a way to store lace..both new and vintage. Just before Christmas, whilst out thrifting..I stumbled/tripped over a large bag sticking somewhat out in the aisle. I leaned down to move it back out of the way..and ta da !!!!!!!!, it was a large bag..no a huge one..ummm, it was the most ganormeous bag I have ever seen....and it was filled with lace. Lace of every kind,style,small,large..lace to put ribbon through..ruffled, eylet..new,older and vintage.. It was so stuffed with lace,I had trouble picking it up,taking it to the checkout and handing them the five dollars. A very kind gentleman helped me to my Explorer with the bag..and I went back to shop more. Now that I have the lace...great grief, I am trying to think of ways to store it. There is some of the most gorgeous lace in there and some that is "heavier" and more ornate. It's all just lace heaven. Now,if I could only find buttons like that.
Do you see the problem running through here.. So much to do, and not enough time. So, I need to learn to budget my time and use it wisely. I intend to do as much as possible....