Pages

Monday, October 26, 2009

Farm Girls Sunbonnet Sue and Hannah's Special Chocolate Popcorn Balls

10 cups popped popcorn
1 cup chopped pecans
4 ounces white baking chocolate,chopped coarsly
1/2 cup butter
4 cups miniature marshmallows
Combine the popcorn, pecans, and chocolate in a large bowl. In a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium low heat. Add the marshmallows and stir constantly until marshmallows melt and mixture is smooth. Pour over popcorn mixture; toss until well coated. Daampen hands slightly shape mixture into 2 /1/2" balls. Cool completely on buttered aluminum foil or buttered waxed paper. Wrap each popcorn ball in cellophane or plastic wrap..
Makes bout 36 popcorn balls

5 comments:

  1. Do you know I am probably about a hundred years old, and I never knew how to make popcorn balls before. These look FANTASTIC. I love the idea of white chocolate --sweet -- with the salty popcorn. Nice!
    Cass

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooo, i am being bad and blogging instead of cleaning, that sounds soooo yummi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! That just speaks Halloween! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi CC! I have made popcorn balls in previous years, forming them into food-colored orange pumpkins, but I like the idea of using your recipe, still with the food coloring, to make YUMMIER pumpkins! Thanks for sharing this recipe!.. I hope you'll visit my blog today. An award awaits you there! ~tina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this sounds so good....I may have to make some.....

    ReplyDelete

I do so enjoy each and every message that is left for me. They sorta make each day a "happy dance day", so please, make sure you leave a comment..Just a hi will make my day all better. :) xx