Pages

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Sweet Apron Patterns ....A Gift from Sarah


It's that most wonderful day of the week again...Vintage Things Thursday. I just love this day..I get to see all the lovely vintage things from the other participants. If you would like to join in the fun....or look at all the vintage goodies...go to Suzanne aka Coloradolady. Just click on the Vintage Things Thursday button to the right on the sidebar. ( I just can't get it to link properly)..Come see all the wonderful vintage things.

For my offerings...I will show you three lovely apron patterns that Sarah was so sweet to send me. She said she was downsizing her craft room and her patterns..and so she sent me these three apron patterns. The first is a McCalls sample pattern from 1978. It would have been given at perhaps a fabric shop..maybe wherever McCalls patterns were sold. I think it's so pretty, specially the longer red one....

The second is another McCalls sample pattern. There is no date that I can find..however,the clothes and hair....I would assume to be late 50's, 60's. If anyone knows for sure..I would love to know.

Last is this little pattern..also made by McCalls. However, since it was exclusive to the Quaker Oats Company...was this little pattern enclosed in a box of oatmeal as a gift to the buyer...taped to the box somehow..????

I love all these three patterns and I so appreciate Sarah sending them to me. Aren't bloggers the sweetest people ever???
Now..everyone, be sure to run by Coloradolady to see more wonderful vintage things... See you there..

15 comments:

  1. happy VTT.. very nice pattern.. wish I have a sewing machine and do one for myself.. hehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such classic apron designs on these
    patterns! Sarah is super for passing
    them on to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love aprons! That long one definitely has a 70's feel to it.

    Did you know . . . that you spelled Quacker Oats instead of Quaker Oats? I had a good chuckle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are great patterns, the second one really looks late 50's to me, but I am not sure. I have a few aprons that look like the one on the cover....I love all your neat gifts...how wonderful they were passed on to you!! Have a great VTT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How great to receive such a surprise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lololol..I corrected the spelling on my "Quacker" Oatmeal. Thanks so much for pointing it out to me.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My mom was quite a seamstress and we had TONS of vintage patterns, wonder what happened to all of them???

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! Or maybe you had to send in quaker oat box tops (well they aren't really in a box..container) to get the pattern? Can you imagine something like that being offered now? Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I love the long skirt apron...so 70s. I think the second pattern is definitely the 1950s-looks like a sheer organza party apron is one fabric pick.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They are so lovely. I adore vintage aprons.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The old aprons that just tie around your waist are so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great surprise for you, CC. I love the hostess apron on the second pattern. So 50's.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am LOL and didn't even get to see the Quackers. Nice apron patterns, boy, does that 70's one look familiar. And I think you're right about the time period of the other. My mother had an organza apron from the early 60's.

    ReplyDelete
  14. My mother was a great seamstress and world of these patterns. Guess I was too young to care or keep them, as do not have anymore. You never know what to keep anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so glad that you are pleased with these patterns. I know they have found a good home! Sorry I missed this post on VTT...have been out of town.

    ReplyDelete

I do so enjoy each and every message that is left for me. They sorta make each day a "happy dance day", so please, make sure you leave a comment..Just a hi will make my day all better. :) xx