Pages

Sunday, January 4, 2009

Sunbonnet Sue..in Tin Punch or Applique


Here we find our girl holding flowers..however in tin punch or applique, little hands could hold anything. I adapted this little pattern for my tin punch project..it was my first in a long,long time, and I didn't do well. However, I don't quit easily..I will get more flashing and try again. Is anyone else out there interested in tin punch?? I am but a simple beginner again, trying to learn from older instruction books. But if tin punch doesn't work out...all won't be lost...I can always do my favorite girl in applique...

8 comments:

  1. do you try tin punch on soda tins?

    i filled one with water and froze it

    i worked from the top down and the ice supported the tin and the water didn' leak all over the work surface

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there
    oh this is so cute and so interesting. Tin punch? What is that I would be interested in learning more about it.
    come by for a visit when you have some time.
    have a lovely evening..and I'd love to learn more.
    Judi

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my is that Holly Hobby?!
    My bedroom was Holly Hobby when I was a punk kid! lol
    fun idea CC!

    smiles,
    K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!!! Amazing how Sun Bonnet Sue is making a come back...I see them everywhere....My daughter loved her when she was alittle girl....
    Happy New Year...
    Mo :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for coming by and seeing my PINK. I did some tin punching YEARS ago. On jar lids. Turned out ok...good luck. Hope you can swing by again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. CC ~ Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment - breezeways were wonderful!

    I love your Sunbonnet Babies (that's what my grandma called them). I have a quilt that she made for me with them on it.......I used it when i was a little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy Late Pink Saturday to ya also, It is so fun reading everyones blogs. I think the sunbonnet sue would be nice on tin.. or copper.. thanks for sharing,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the VTT comment. I love the applique as well - it is what my mother is best at. ~Kelly

    unDeniably Domestic

    ReplyDelete

I do so enjoy each and every message that is left for me. They sorta make each day a "happy dance day", so please, make sure you leave a comment..Just a hi will make my day all better. :) xx