Pages

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Sugar Pie X 2



Sugar Pie

Source: An older cookbook..maybe half the pages remain.It's missing it's covers, so I'm at a loss as to age. I know the pages are browned and fragile..so I'm careful with it, but all the recipes I've tried from this book have been good ones.

Scald 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar,1/3 cup of flour with 3/4 cup boiling water. Stir.
When dissolved thoroly add 3/4 cup of cream, dash with nutmeg and dot with butter. Pour into unbaked pie shell. Bake at 450 for 10 minutes, reduce the heat to 400 degrees and finish cooking.

Montreal Sugar Pie

Source: An older cookcook..maybe half the pages remain. If anyone recognizes the recipes..I would appreciate your leaving a comment for me.

Preheat oven to 375. Prepare sufficient pastry and line a 9 inch pie plate. Trim and flute edges, but do not prick crust.
Bring to a boil, over low heat: 2 cups lightly packed brown sugar or 2 cups soft maple sugar, chopped and 1 cup heavy cream.
Cook, stirring slowly for 10 minutes or until it's thickened.
Remove from heat and stir in 1/2 cup chopped nuts.
Cool and pour into prepared pie shell and bake in 375 oven for 30 to 35 minutes. Cool. Filling will set when cold.

1 comment:

  1. I've never heard of sugar pies but these recipes look scrumptious. Scalding milk - that does sound like a really old recipe. I would love to try this but I'm afraid I would gain 10 lbs.
    Charlotte

    ReplyDelete

I do so enjoy each and every message that is left for me. They sorta make each day a "happy dance day", so please, make sure you leave a comment..Just a hi will make my day all better. :) xx