Pages

Monday, August 11, 2008

Sunbonnet Sue Made with Feedsack


This was given to me this past week by a friend. The quilt was made by her grandmother, sadly was unable to be totally rescued. Some of the girls took the quilt apart and the usuable blocks taken out and stitched around...salvaging as much as they could.
The quilting stitches are wonderful on this feedsack material..very tiny and very well quilted, with the fabric gently faded and the little block so soft to the touch..
I feel quite privledged to have this block..it will be a treasured piece...thank you Vicki

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I do so enjoy each and every message that is left for me. They sorta make each day a "happy dance day", so please, make sure you leave a comment..Just a hi will make my day all better. :) xx